Saturday, March 14, 2009

im letting it go though

i had been looking for it for awhile now,
i thought maybe i misplaced it knowing how i am and how unorganized i can be
but this was special, this was something i would never want to lose
my grandpa gave it to my grandma as a present
its beautiful and means more than just style
and i saw it in your drawer.
you don't know how special it is or what it means
or that it was my graduation present and it fits my wrist perfectly
that my grandpa didn't have much money and he bought it just for her
that i never got to meet him
you don't know that my grandma used to wear it when she was capable and smiling and took care of herself and told stories and didn't bare weight on my mom's back
you don't know how disappointed my mom would be to know that i lost it
how it still works after all these years
and if you didnt leave the drawer just a little bit open, i wouldnt have seen it
and it would never mean the same to you as it meant to me
but i saw it in your drawer and i took it back

No comments: