Wednesday, August 31, 2011

speak louder than

Tortured thoughts can be unbound
by shaping them as sounds
or the fingers of letters
may slowly unravel
restrictions against travel
on your mind's growth.
Everyone says that its polar
has more effect and volume
but what is shut inside
reflects motions outside.
To speak does not mean defeat,
words may lay flat
or evaporate in the air,
words may not do
but they may share
so that doing
is undone before it ever was a did
so that love is not capped off with a mental lid
so that if we feel the need to spill
we will put feelings into the pitches of our tones
and not the movements wrought by our bones
we will curl in the y of angry and cross our t's
we will unfold emotions as a play of thoughts
where our lips are the curtains that separate
and the mind will craft the figures of speech
to dance up and out of our throats
and stretch to ideas flesh could never reach.

1 comment:

JamesJr, said...

I am a bit of a poet myself, I enjoy the traditional haiku. I liked your stream of consciousness type of poetry it flowed nice and slow. Your poetry seems a bit abstract, though in a good way. Staying on track with the abstract, I write short articles on mental health as well as philosophy. I think that you would like it, of course I could be completely wrong, ha-ha. Yet, if you would be kind enough to give it a look I would be most grateful. Here is the link if you are interested, thanks.
http://therazorblade.blogspot.com/