Sunday, November 29, 2020

I can't threaten empathy into you 

or shake some sense into that dense 

train of thought. 

The reaction is seductive

but it creates what I try to sweep away.

I have to be careful though, 

to not let all this brushing off 

to create friction in me 

& set fires to the strings that tug at me the most.

I want to feel justified, 

but angry boy who becomes a man,

I see that in you too.

I see elements out of your control cause a storm. 

The best way you can see through it

is to be scarier than what scares you;

to be the wolf, always the wolf, 

to show people this is what you know from life so far,

not even bothering with sheep’s clothing.

But even a beast 

surviving solely by its sharp spirit & teeth, 

still howls a lonely song to the moon.


.Laura Curren.

No comments: