Saturday, October 11, 2008

in the closet

is where i hid my first boyfriend while my mom went to kiss me goodbye in the morning. one time she told me she actually needed something out of my closet, and i somehow distracted her to go to the kitchen. then i opened the closet door and told him with huge eyes to get the hell out of there and stuffed him in a suffocating position in my bed. i told her about all of this a few years later. she laughed and called me a "little devil", because my mom is cool.

Mom, I have never told you this before;
One absurdly early morning, a secret was concealed,
One who was naked and afraid to be revealed,
One who found shelter in my shell upon the shore.

Asleep in warm blankets and arms, he began to snore.
The comfort of intertwined skin and thread
Melted away the troubles in his head.
Teenagers in love, spending hours, and wanting more.

We were so young, but aware of your concern
for the time of growing bodies and minds
and the first crack in my heart,

but this comes with the desire to learn,
it beats faster for the one it finds
capable of loving and tearing apart.

No comments: