Monday, March 15, 2010

i got an invitation to katie's wedding today. i can't even imagine getting married right now. i saw that it's on May 29th, which seems far away but creeps up on you faster than reading this. you and your guest have to RSVP by May 1st. of course i want you to be my date. you are my date. i could already see us in fancy outfits making little jokes sitting on fold out chairs in the heat. i see you there, but i dont know if you will be. i want to know that you will. who knows though where you will be. will you be in kansas? will you be working? will your heart still be with me? i'll plan my schedule around this. i'll ask not to work, i'll say "i can't, im going to my friends wedding, it's the first one i've been to." will you do these things for me if i ask? will you put on a nice suit, catch camera flashes, shake unknown hands, endure the heat, because i want you to be there? i dont like to assume. i dont like to plan too far ahead, but sometimes it's necessary. i guess what im really asking is: can i count on you to be in my future?

No comments: