Thursday, January 17, 2013

Don't get jealous now,
It wasn't right.
Was it?
No, but for a time.
For a time it felt that way,
that way that you used to
that I and we when it existed,
used to.
I forgot what it was like to be wrong,
to be afraid to be hurt,
afraid you wont call or put me at ease.
Did I ever make you feel like that?
Sure,
probably.
I have a hard time with change.
You know that,
but I really do like it,
when I realize that it's been awhile since it changed.
Everything seemed to fall in my lap
when I got up from yours.
Of course I cried,
all the time,
then here and there,
and then at odd times.
It's not like you can expect anyone to wait.
Would I even want to be with a man that waded through his sorrows
and spent his years in a state of guilty patience?
The answer is Nope.
I thought you were the love of my life,
but my life changed and so did yours,
and it still will.
How many forevers will I have?


No comments: