Saturday, May 9, 2009

fool

not finished..but working on it

"Do you mind?"
"Nope" he said smugly sucking in sparks of red and then blowing smoke directly into her window. Yes he was in fact the one brewing the swirl of smoke, but this was also partially the window's fault. College is supposed to prepare students for "the real world" but apparently college is also prepared for the "real world" to already be apart of students. Hence the suicide proof windows; they only open as a hopeless crack. Who's to say that that little metal latch can't be broken off though? Nothing a screwdriver can't handle. With some pills. Either way the window jump driven will find a way to spill their guts. but thats not what life's about. it's about something as unpleasant as a cloud of carcinogens making its charming web in a new window.
"You don't have to be rude. Your smoke is getting all over my stuff and I don't want to smell like an ashtray."
"I hear Febreeze eliminates 99% of odors"
"I hear Febreeze doesn't spray the cancer out of your lungs and that
people who blow smoke into other peoples rooms are assholes"
"I haven't heard that."
"Maybe you should socialize more then."
"Maybe you should close your window."
"I'ts fucking hot. My room mate just threw up something that looks like some type of bird, and she spilled soda all over the fridge, and now you're blowing smoke into here so it smells like a carnival."
"So how come you're not with her? Throwing up I mean. Maybe you should socialize more then."
"I don't feel like going out."
"It's easy, just keep a lot of liquor on you. Dignity is optional and be prepared to tell people your major."
"Wise words.."
"I'm blowing knowledge into your room, that's what I'm doing."
"I think you're blowing bullshit"
"Oh quick on the draw. "
"Gotta stay prepared."
"Prepared for what? assholes like me?"
"Thought you said you hadn't heard you were an asshole."
"I've heard many things. of fools and kings."
"And do you listen to the fool or the king more?"
"I guess whatever I say you'll have already decided before i tell you, am i right?"
"I guess you're not a fool."



No comments: