Friday, December 23, 2011

i waited. for you. and i know, youve got things to do. responsibilities. so when those guys at that table next to me bought me a drink, i said hold on, wait a second, im waiting for somebody who might be waiting for me. but. you had to go. so i had to go. 'cause im not very patient. especially in matters of the heart. especially in matters of my heart. and no, i didnt finish the beer that they bought me. i pretended to save it and "go to the bathroom" so i could slink away, like you did. responsible ninja that you are. focused escape artist. and thats admirable, thats influential, something to look up to.....but....i just cant hold back in that way. I just cant say I want to do this but I should do this so Im doing this. and maybe thats the difference between you and I or the difference of age or responsibility, maturity, whatever you wanna call it...but....i just know that...life is short as I told the drunk girl in the bathroom who was doubting herself....life is amazing and miraculous and beautiful......and worthy of writing about even if youre kind of drunk and fear sounding like an idiot.....

2 comments:

N.C. said...

I don't know why but this...this right here...is my absolute favorite. You make me miss writing. How I miss writing, the same way I miss my first marriage.

Laura Curren said...

you dont have to miss it desma! write about your first marriage. you keep me writing! the fact that somebody can relate or feel something by what ive written is inspiring