Tuesday, February 12, 2013

When I was in 4th grade I had really short hair ("the penis hair cut") and this kid asked me if I was a boy or a girl. I had football player shoulders and rocked some purple shorteralls over my spice girls shirt. I had like 1 friend and played handball by myself at recess. In 5th grade I had a unibrow and hadn't "grown into" my nose. Boys ran away when I said I liked them. In 6th grade I always wore a hat because I was really insecure about showing my face. In 7th grade I went on my first date (Charlie's Angels movie ohh yeah) and was so nervous I had to bring my friend and I laughed the entire movie cuz I couldn't keep it together. He tried to hold my hand but I balled it up into a sweaty fist which he tried to awkwardly "paper my rock" with aka hold my fist rather than hand. Up until only a couple years ago or so I was embarrassingly shy around new people and would frustrate some because I couldn't keep eye contact. It's been a long road to feeling pretty and secure, but nothing is more beautiful to me than the people who have loved me along the way...sooo thanks, have a beautiful day! end speech.

No comments: