Friday, November 22, 2013

I could fall in love with you like I do a song.
Without meaning to I can sing along.
I can pretend I know what's going on.
(Oh that's what it's about?)
I could make up my own words.
Oh this whole time I've been singing it wrong?
Explicit content in a subtle manner,
that's what I like.
Not sure I like this when we meet
but the initial intrigue is there.
Somehow your sound 
keeps coming back to my mind.
I'm thinking maybe I'll listen to you more.
I could surround myself in you.
It could be awhile for us, but I might come back.
I could discover lyrics later,
I could hear something different in a year.
I could burn you out through my speakers,
scream your words out of my windows,
let the night drive take you away.
That's it.
You're gone in the mist.
I forgot your number.
Wait, what did you say?
I didn't know this was sad.
I can't get enough,
until that's it,
set fire to it,
overplayed.
No thanks.
I forget about you.
Who's that by again?
but I could hear you
somewhere else later.
Oh I remember that,
when I let you be my soundtrack.




No comments: