Sunday, May 25, 2014

I guess I would be rude too
If I had nothing better to do.
You think as if your attitude doesn't matter.
I can taste your distaste.
I can feel your slap to the face
Just by your tone
And the demands you place.
I am maybe only a small element to your day,
But your negativity affects my work and my play.
It adds weeds to my good deeds
And if your perspective wasn't so flat
Maybe you would see I'm a person and not just that,
One with many feelings and talents,
Trying to find a balance
To my Atmosphere
And the world I create.
It is my own
And knowing what I've known
Makes me smarter and sadder,
But smiling cuz I've grown.
It's hard not to think of things in terms of amounting,
What I amount to,
But let's not count my change until I stop making the same mistakes.
I have trouble sleeping,
Worries I have trouble keeping.
I think too romantically sometimes
And my hopes get trapped in a tower,
Waiting for a prince,
A love to convince
My heart to keep beating the way it does,
Just like that,
Something about the way it sits in MY chest,
Something about me that you want to know the rest,
An answer to a question you would like to guess,
A friend you get to undress,
And rhyme to ,
Climb to
New levels of love with.
There is no limit, only tomorrow
And that's better than yesterday,
Let's keep it so everyday.
So please don't be rude to me
Because I took a little long getting your drink refill and ketchup.
I am more than your appalling attitude.

No comments: