Tuesday, September 11, 2012

chills

I love that I can get chills by hearing something. That I feel so many sensations in my brain, so many feelings that I don't even know how to process all of them.

I love how the mind and body influence each other in this way.

[It is your parasympathetic nervous system reacting to extremely high stimulation in parts of your brain. 

In other words, when you see that amazing performance, (or hear something emotional) so many parts of your cortex are activated, overloaded with visual stimulation, emotion, and (if you are a performer as well) some subconscious motor cortex reactions. So many things happening at once causes a chain reaction of firing neurons throughout your brain, which can spill into your parasympathetic nervous system, which basically controls your reflexes. (getting goosebumps is a reflex) ]

No comments: