Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sometimes my sense of intuition is funny

Oh my little beat up 99 toyota corolla. I've been driving you since I was 16. The other night I said to myself "This is the last time I'm going to drive this car. It doesn't even go in reverse! It's crazy to keep driving it." So when I got pulled over and I told the lady officer that she would honestly need to push me out of the spot I pulled into, she said with sympathetic eyes, "I'm sorry but I can't allow you to drive this car. I need to tow it. Do you have someone to call and pick you up?"
and I did. and Im lucky. lucky to have a back up car. a friend to pick me up. a car I got to drive through my adolescence. and now those memories are compacted into a metal cube in the great impound lot in the sky.

goodbye to a special friend of mine. Rest in pieces Toyota. Thank you for allowing me to blast my music in you, have sex in your back seat, smoke, talk with myself, scream, travel, spill various drinks and dishes in you, sleep, cry, make it home safely, & being there for me when I need you.

Enjoy what you have while you have it.

No comments: